1. Forum VietMBA đã được nâng cấp lên version mới. Mọi thông tin, báo lỗi và góp ý xin vui lòng post tại topic ⚠ Thông báo nâng cấp forum và danh sách các vấn đề phát sinh.

Real Harvard Post-Interview Reflection

Discussion in 'Phỏng vấn' started by Patrick_Lee, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Patrick_Lee

Patrick_Lee Member MBA Family

Current city/country:
    Viet Nam
    Current employer/school:
    Procter & Gamble
    Undergrad major:
    Env Eng
    MBA (intent) major/School:
    Tuck, Fuqua, Darden, Haas
    Một điểm khác với nhiều trường cho phần Interview của HBS là các bạn cần phải hoàn thành 1 bản Post-Interview Reflection, như được hướng dẫn ở website của trường:

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/admissions/interviews/Pages/interview-logistics.aspx

Your Post-Interview Reflection

As part of the application process, you will be required to complete a Post-Interview Reflection. Here are a few details:
    The Post-Interview Reflection is not intended to be another formal essay. Think of it instead as an email you might write to a colleague or supervisor after a meeting.

We will be much more generous in our reaction to typos and grammatical errors than we will be with pre-packaged responses. Reflections that give any indication that they were produced before you had the interview will raise a flag for us.

We do not expect you to solicit or receive any outside assistance with this exercise.

Your Post-Interview Reflection is due within 24 hours of the conclusion of your interview. Let the interview soak in a little bit...we hate to see people missing activities because they've blocked out the time right after their interview to write their reflections.

There is no word limit for the Post-Interview Reflection. There is a file size limit for the document you will upload, but it is quite generous.

Interview Reflection #1 - HBS MBA Class of 2017

Dear MBA Admissions Board,

I want an MBA for the same reason I have lived in Japan for the past ten years; I want the opportunity to develop new perspectives. Throughout my interview with [Interviewer Name], I tried to frame my answers around this message because it is why I want an MBA specifically from Harvard Business School. We began the interview by speaking about my experience studying and working in [Asian Country]. I came to [Asian Country] almost 10 years ago not at all expecting to seek work here, but my desire to experience a Japanese company eventually led me to the oil industry and that eventually led me to [Division of Company]. Through my experience, I’ve learned that the one language that transverses all cultures is Trust, and that there is never only one way of doing or understanding something.

In discussing my career plans, I mentioned the potential I see in [Division of Company] to grow beyond the traditional oil industry. Strategically, the [Company Name] is positioning to allocate more resources to [Division of Company], which in turn reassessing its core competencies in order to compete on a global scale. Together with [Company Name], I want to set a new more environmentally responsible direction for the traditional oil industry to follow. I have already obtained a transformative experience at my company, so I feel that it is now my turn to reciprocate and help my company transform. For me to effectively make that transformation, I want to gain the proper tools and perspectives that I need to bring change and lead organizations and that is why I decided to pursue an MBA.

In choosing Harvard Business School as my destination, I chose the university that will provide me with the best environment to grow into a leader. I thought hard about the areas I needed the most development and identified my lack of experience in decision making as a
    development. Through the hundreds of case studies I will have to digest and form opinions on, discuss those opinions, and hear 90 or so others, I will have the chance to develop vastly in that area. I think that my experience at HBS will be challenging, and at times I may even fail, and I am confident that is precisely what I need to grow into the leader I aspire to be.

Finally, thank you very much for the opportunity to interview today and I am looking forward to receiving your response on December 10.